Friday, May 29, 2009

Cheese blintzes

Danny and I made cheese blintzes!  They are crepes wrapped around a non-measured mush of ricotta, farmer's cheese, one egg, a dusting of cinnamon, a bunch of lemon zest, a couple spoonfuls of sugar, some vanilla, and a bit of sour cream.  It should be creamy and flavorful but not too sweet.  Then you fry the filled crepes, and eat them with a little fruit if you like.  

I ate 3, and I feel like I weigh roughly 7 gazillion pounds, but I'm liking it.  We tried this white wine I picked from the $10 and less cart in the store, the Terrai 2008 macabeo, which was actually very nice.  The price was right, the acidity cut through the creamy blintzes really well, and there was this nice grapefruity zing going on too.  I loved the whole combination.  I'm busy feeling fat and happy... :)

Actually, speaking of fat and happy, I had this realization.  Currently, I weigh ~10 pounds more than I did when I was competitively fencing as an undergrad.  You'd think that would be bad, right?  It's not.  I feel stronger, 5 miles on various pieces of gym equipment don't leave me anywhere near as achy as they used to, and I find that I can workout longer for more days in a row without feeling as fatigued as I used to.  This is an interesting data point in the ongoing experiment that is me as an active person.  Hmm...

No comments: